« Home | serenity » | bus drivers, crash. » | fix you » | escapism » | universal human rights: tryout#1 » | cheers to nathan. smash the bottle to christen the... » 

Monday, October 03, 2005 

storm settles, confusion raises its head.

so, i have 2 semesters left before I graduate from university. i am more involved in sfu life than i have ever been in my 4-5 yrs at university. i am actually enjoying my classes at sfu and meeting quite interesting people. my plan was to graduate as fast as possible so i could go teach in japan and make some money to pay off my student loans. so i printed out the JET forms the day after they come out online and start to go thru them. everything seems quite procedural and unproblematic until i come to the part where they require 2 reference letters. 1 from a professor at my university and one from an employer. i am stumped. do i know a professor well enough at my university to even have the guile to make them write a letter that they have probably no basis to right from? (previous sentence seems quite flawed, but i'll ignore it for now).

and a job?? the last jobs i had were working for my mom and dad. granted they have a non-profit charitable organization, but i'm sure there's something against that. and before that? i was a safeway delicatessen clerk. so i served meat. what to do now?

i figure... i need some experience under my belt. and maybe the way to fix that is to take this degree a little slower and do a co-op term or two to make some contacts. this would also give me time to aquaint myself with my professors this semester which are quite excellent their own ways (truly). this seems like the intelligent way to go. but it hurts my pride.

this way i could get more involved, write for the paper, get more work experience, do more volunteer work. seems like the smart decision. but i'm still hesitant. i am lingering.

About me

  • I'm M
  • From Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker