« Home | fear econ » | i'm stressed out » | no matter » | Coldplay. » | Virtue » | "Realistic Utopia"? » | i am looking for something to excite me this year.... » | on a lighter note » | "Natural" Disasters and Hereafter » | long weekend » 

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 

how good of you

would you believe me if i said my heart was good and not to believe anything else? would you judge me by letters spelling out words sent by proxy with no apparant malice, but rather an implicit and subconscious plea for acceptance?

i think we need a little trust on both ends.

ok, my email address is "ratherretarded@something.com", so i e-mail my supervisor, using that email address by accident. apparantly now i am offensive to mentally handicapped people, or people of the handicap persuasion to be more p.c.

the thing is, that i never even thought about it that way. i've never used the phrase "retarded" or "retard" with any pejorative implications of any sort. in my vocabulary, it does not exist as a negative word. it can only exist as such if i deemed it as such. so if i put it into my "bad words category". but it exists as a synonym for stupid to me. in the dictionary, it reads something like (as a verb), "to slow down the progress of development". and i was refering to my slow process of development (plus i thought my attempt at alliteration was rather intelligent). but how am i supposed to explain all of this to my supervisor? maybe it is she that has the bias against handicapped people, for in my very discourse, it does not exist as a word to offend, but rather as a slang or colloquialism that only gains meaning by the acknowlegement and active acceptance of its pejorative meaning. hah!
hah again i say!

maybe it is not i that offends through my non-offensive use of the word, but rather you! yes you! who choose to view it as an offensive usage.

we need more trust, more understanding, before we be so quick to judge and deem ourselves correct and others wrong.

of course, i am correct in all my previous statements. i have 1 / 25 pgs for my paper due tomorrow, see how good i am to my readers?

Dude, when you wrote me from that e-mai or I wrote you to that e-mail, I TOLD you it was offensive!!! Geez, you never listen to me! Not everything I say is about hockey, you know.

haha really?

meh, i'm fed up of being overly p.c.
i mean, around some people, it's hard to even get more than a few sentences before i've offended some treehugginretardlovinhomofuckin person. maybe i'm just really offensive, i think i have to start getting used to that, because the response to the offense really demoralizes me.

Mel Chua, you read your comments again. Read them REALLY well and tell me who that reminds you of? ... .... Uh huh. That's what I thought. You've become completely unaware of tthe rudeness of his statements. Not only that, but maybe you're getting all this "offensive" stuff from him as well! "homofuckin person"... don't hate your own.

I think you are the second coming of Walter. Oh, and was that you who posted in my guestbook? I'm thinking it's you because you hate hockey so much... but it may also have been Krystal Smith since 'anonymous' was spelled incorrectly. ;)

think what you will. be offended as much as you want.

only good will eminates from my core.

did i mention you have diminished my love for hockey? now that's a crime.

It says that there have been 6 comments but only 4 show up for me. ...I posted again... about you and Krystal Smith..

But anyway, what exactly did your prof say to you once you had emailed her?

wat do u do now anywayz?
how come u have a supervisor?

hahaa... i foudn that quite funni...
dun worri, i dun think my supervisor likes me much either... altho i think things are starting to improveee... lol

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm M
  • From Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker