« Home | I was just perusing the Irrawaddy Online, and it r... » | Singapore National DayAn Evening of Dinner and Dan... » | when i first made the switch from the maths and sc... » | this week has been... humbling? i wonder if that's... » | welcome to the jungle. » | all that you can't leave behind » | War. » | hmmm road trip across canada? sounds like a good i... » | blind, leading the blind. » | Grouse Mountain Sunday » 

Friday, November 17, 2006 

hello.

yes, i have been off the blogging scene for a couple of months now. lost my center, what to do? i make my return in a covert fashion, no flashy titles, no crazy pictures or emo rants.

i think there came a point where i just wasn't sure what i really wanted to say, or why i was even saying anything at all. now, on a friday night, inflicted with bronchitis and the mellow depressions of james blunt, i write, a little.

...why so much emptiness? i think part of it is a question of medium. the connectedness with which we bind our eyes is to blame. a world where i can talk to my pals in singapore or thailand with the click of a button, is a world where i can also be ignored by my friend a block away from me. "away" "n/a" "out to lunch" replace the face to face rejections.

text messaging replaces the dreaded "i can't go out with you tonight" phone call (i know because it happened twice this month). my buddy got dumped by MSN. there's something new to talk about at ihop with your buddy, "hey man, i had a rough night, got dumped electronically. let's go get pancakes". thank god we still get pancakes.

that's a little piece of my mind.
i think being able to write coherently is an indicator of mental health. no?

acutally, my fren acutally wrote a thesis on a topic like this... about how ppl dump ppl using sms, etc...

You are a hypocrite!!!! What about the old, personal method of connecting with friends in other parts of the world with LETTERS?!?!?! HUH?!!? HUH?!?? What about that??! You break my heart, Mel Chua. BREAK MY HEART!!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm M
  • From Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker