« Home | Brilliance. » | Two Tests » | Apparently, I is "very connect to" my soul. » | ok... so i got distracted by those damn quizzes » | style< » | Minorities » | Aiya.. why no one comment lah? » | Bending Space and Time » | Black Sesame » | whoa!! » 

Monday, February 06, 2006 

monday with the sunshinin thru my window

I have a problem with beautiful people. And i mean somewhat strictly in the physical sense of the word. I like them, but at the same time every psychosomatically-induced distaste i have developed during my youth finds faults and expands them to j-lo proportions. i have problems with beautiful, rich people.

i guess looking at it from a wider angle, i wonder how much social class and physical characteristics define your personality. on the surface, i seem to be correct. the haves are evil oppressors of the have-nots. it's quite a predicament for people like myself, who are flipflopping more than any electoral candidate between the two spheres. i am a have-some. my place is filled with ambiguity, not knowing if i am within my social playpen or out trying to ride wilderbeasts, so to speak.

more importantly, my actions. how do i come off to others? do i act with sincerity and exude charm and personality that i deem is a quality of the have-nots? or do i engage in the bougie sobbery of the haves. sure, the world is not black and white like this. but where do you lean?

why can't we just all you know, get a long man... sing kumbaya by the fire and shit. why can't the haves and have-nots break that social barrier? this is speaking more in terms of the beauty differences. but even looking at it from a social class perspective, i have started to realize that i am part of the upper middle class (egawd!!). yes it's true my friend. I have been volunteering downtown to give out food in the bad part of vancouver, and I have started to realize that I can't relate! I am trying to engage with my fellow humans. The have-nots. But I just can't relate, have nothing to say, and will I ever stand the chance of making friends with them? What in common do I have?

I think we all have to address our humanity, and realize what we have in common we do have with the have-nots both in beauty and with class.

About me

  • I'm M
  • From Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker