« Home | ok. so i wrote a long post without whining, writin... » | may » | church bells, writing my goodbyes Pt1. » | Vanity and pride are different things, though the ... » | sometimes, just sometimes the many forces of the w... » | the summer of me. » | spring cleaning » | i saw something special in her, i must have, she m... » | 12 / 17 pgs due yesterday0 / 20 pgs due friday0 / ... » | Question of the Week » 

Sunday, June 11, 2006 

strange things happen under a full moon.

over the past week i have: met up with my childhood friend i haven't met in 12 yrs, climbed a mountain to be overtaken by a 74 yr old scot, gone thru internal drama while watching a muay thai fight while my friend was getting hit on my one of the trainers, and finally wrestled and lost for the first time to my younger cousin.

there haven't been many updates because i've been busy living life. while the habitual over-introspection has of course not ceased, i have chosen to let it fester and develop before engraving my thoughts in electronic stone.

it's been awhile since my heart and mind have been this stirred up. for one, climbing a mountain gives you time to think about your place in life, and your attitude to facing it. the fact that i was climbing a mountain with my childhood friend really gave some structure to my ponderances. i learnt how important the way you look at life really is. all those quotes that business managers put up on their walls started making sense. one can look at life as a journey or as a process. it's important to keep the end in sight, but to be able to turn back and focus on the next step ahead. my friend being with me made the climb all the more profound.

while i learnt the importance of proces from the mountain and the reward that it brings, i learnt rhythm and confidence from my cousin moses. i had some practice, but still have much training to endure.

from my friend, i learnt the importance of this quote:
there is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.

although i am in a strange place right now, i think the most important quote that has made sense to me this week goes something like this:
there are no lucky men (or women). there are only those that are prepared to do what needs to be done when the time comes.

strange things happen under a full moon, look, i updated.

yeah, finally, it's been like a month :-)

i am glad that you still check up on my humble blog. actually you know, one of your posts partially caused me to stop writing for a bit.

i felt like there was only "whine" left in what i had to say at the time, so i'm waiting till substance sublimates.

MISS HOO! LOTS TO SAY! did you get my postcard?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm M
  • From Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker