« Home | Aiya.. why no one comment lah? » | Bending Space and Time » | Black Sesame » | whoa!! » | having sort of a christmas break from blogging. bu... » | What is it that makes us need to be with another? ... » | 3 more days » | 3000 words is 3000 words that need to be reworded... » | Done on the 12th » | Coming down » 

Saturday, January 21, 2006 

Minorities

Speaking of minorities, my friends and I made a very interesting observation in our political development class. The class consisted of 12 people with one student directing a presentation/discussion. Nothing out of the ordinary from the onset. The observation came when we were seperated into three groups of four. basically, we were sitting in a rectangle. so like er..

: ----------------------
|
|
P |
|
|
|
----------------------

so each group was on one of the sides. This is the interesting part:
My group consisted of 3 Africans and 1 Asian, while the next group comprised 3 girls and 1 guy and the last group was made up of 3 guys of the brown persuasion (forgive my ignorance, but don't know the difference between them) and 1 white guy.

It was just rather interesting as my friend and I started go "er... do you see what I see?". Oh yeah, this entire post is a plug to say that when we played trivial pursuit (using the readings) my group totally kicked ass. I'm really excited that in the majority of my classes, although we do endure lengthy reading lists, we do manage to make lots of fun out of them.

i find the organization of your classmates interesting.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm M
  • From Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker